Enriching Education: Sisters for Community College Leadership
Vision 2020, developed by the Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership at Drexel University College of Medicine, is a national initiative aiming to increase gender equality by the year 2020. Across the country, 102 national delegates carry out the initiative with individual projects meant to achieve greater equality for women in all aspects of life.
Following are the Vision 2020 goals:
- Goal #1: Achieve pay equity, so that equal pay for equal work will be the norm in America.
- Goal #2: Increase the number of women in senior leadership positions in American life to reflect the workforce talent pool and demographics.
- Goal #3: Educate employers about the value of policies and practices that enable men and women to share fairly their family responsibilities.
- Goal #4: Educate new generations of girls and boys to respect their differences and to act on the belief that America is at its best when leadership is shared and opportunities are open to all.
- Goal #5: Mobilize women in America to vote, with particular emphasis on a record-setting turnout in 2020, the centennial of the 19th Amendment.